Last month I took on the project of remodeling my garage after 26 years. I contacted Closet Art and they did a wonderful job. Bretts team came to my house for a consultation. Then put together a comprehensive blue print and proposal. The remodel included an epoxy floor, wall board and all new customers cabinets.Bretts team was timely, professional and very detailed.
Epoxy Garage Floor Coatings in Tampa Bay
A brand new garage floor can lay the foundation for your custom garage storage solution. It will cover any existing flaws or stains and brighten up your space. Closet Art will transform your garage floor using an industrial strength epoxy with an embedded mosaic pattern (see finishes below). A polyaspartic clear coat over the top protects your new garage floors from damage from the sun, chemicals, and other stains. Once your new epoxy garage floor is ready, we can install any of our other custom storage solutions including powder coated or melamine garage cabinets and garage organization systems, such as slatwall and overhead storage solutions.
Take a look at our garage flooring gallery and finishes below. Then, contact Closet Art to get started creating your new garage space.
Closet Art is fully insured and licensed with Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board (#C-11304).
Polyaspartic Garage Floor Coating with Epoxy Base
Our flake garage floor coating system is a 35-40 mil decorative polymer garage flooring system; the same system that is used widely in commercial and industrial applications. It's base coat is made from 100% solid epoxy with no solvent for superior strength and adhesion. The finish coat is a 100% solids polyaspartic coating for fantastic UV stability and stain resistance.
Flake epoxy garage flooring is a thick garage flooring system, with outstanding adhesion and strength for no hot tire pickup, superior color retention, and fantastic stain resistance. Our professional installers provide quality prep and application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some more of the key benefits:
- Garage floors will never turn yellow due to the polyaspartic top coat’s 100% UV stability
- The system’s crystal clear finish won’t blemish from moisture in the concrete
- High abrasion and scratch resistance, much like polyurethane
- Hot tire pick up isn’t a concern due to high heat tolerance
- Beautiful high gloss finish
- Highly resistant to stains and chemicals
- Excellent flexibility for higher impact resistance
- Good penetration into the concrete and an overall stronger bond due to wetting characteristics
- Faster cure rate decreases the chance of bubbles from outgassing
Our competition may be selling a total polyaspartic program doing both the base and clear coats in it. However, an epoxy base with polyaspartic as the clear coat has proven to be the most durable and reliable system.
Epoxies provide better adhesion to concrete versus polyaspartics, especially to less than stellar concrete, potential oil contamination, and if there is or will be any water exposure. Polyaspartic is more sensitive as a base coat to abrasions, adhesion problems, and staining.
Since a polyaspartic is 70% solids and epoxy is 100% solids, an epoxy base coat with a polyaspartic clear coat will last considerably longer than a full polyaspartic system.
There is a 5-step process to install flake garage flooring systems:
- Crack repair (if necessary). Repair any cracks in the concrete to lay the foundation for the epoxy flooring system.
- Diamond grinding. To fully prepare the floor, we grind the concrete before applying the basecoat. This prevents chipping and ensures the long term success of your garage flooring project.
- Apply 100% epoxy basecoat. After the original floor is fully prepared, the epoxy basecoat binds and seals with the concrete foundation.
- 100% broadcasting of decorative flakes. The finish is applied to create the beautiful finish of your choice.
- 100% polyaspartic top clear coat. A strong and durable top layer is applied. See benefits above.
Need Garage Ideas?
Our Garage Makeover Guide will help you better understand the process and options.
Options for garage storage, flooring, and organization can seem overwhelming. Whether you want a complete garage makeover, or simply new powder coated workbenches, this guide will prove to be helpful as you start the process.
Closet Art just completed installing shelving in 7 closets in our newly built town home. This is the 3rd home we have had Brett Keller and his team build closets for and this is the best yet. Gary is always so easy to coordinate with and Doug was very patient working with me to tweak the master closet installation just to my liking. They have added garage organization to their line and we were able to have the garage floors coated and the walls outfitted with shelving and slot board. This will be the most organized home we have ever lived in thanks to Closet Art.